Restylane® is an injectable gel that is made from a basic element in connective skin tissue, hyaluronic acid. Injections, administered by a trained physician enhance your natural looks by restoring your skin’s volume, creating softness and revitalizing your appearance. Restylane® gels work by enhancing your skin’s own stocks of hyaluronic acid, directly adding volume to either soften the signs of aging or enhance your features. One of the great advantages of Restylane® is that the effects are long lasting but not permanent. You are always in control of your looks.
Restylane® restores volume, improves skin elasticity, and smooths lines and imperfections. It can instantly soften telltale aging lines or improve your looks by enhancing your natural features, such as your cheeks or lips. Restylane® treatments can be used to smooth out facial lines, create fuller lips and shape facial contours, such as cheeks and chin. It is a subtle approach to enhancing looks naturally.
The most common areas treated are:
From the nose to the angle of the mouth (the nasolabial folds)
Between the eyebrows (the glabellar lines)
Cheeks and chin (shaping)
Back of the hands, décolletage, face (skin rejuvenation)
Restylane® is injected into the skin in small amounts using a very small needle. The treatment is quick and often takes less than 30 minutes. Some people may experience the treatment as a mild discomfort. A local anesthetic cream is often used. Another form of anesthesia, a dental block, is used to numb the area when enhancing lips. You may experience slight redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, itching and/or bruising following Restylane® treatment. This is the same as you might expect with any type of injection. However, the discomfort is temporary and generally disappears after a few days. The treatment benefits can normally be seen instantly and Restylane® does not affect facial expression.
Restylane® Post-Treatment Instructions:
- Immediately after your treatment, you may notice temporary redness and swelling at the injection sites. These effects typically disappear in less than 7 days. Cold compresses may be used immediately after your treatment to reduce swelling. If the inconvenience continues beyond 2-3 days or if other reactions occur, call us immediately at 704-663-5056.
- Avoid touching the treated area within six hours following treatment. After that, the area can be gently washed.
- Sunbathing and cold outdoor activities should be avoided until any redness or swelling disappears.
- Avoid exercise and alcohol for six hours after your treatment.
- Having a follow-up treatment before the product has fully dissipated may enhance the lasting effect. Please be sure to consult your physician about recommendations for touch-up or follow-up treatments.
- The unique hydrophilic nature of Restylane® delivers results that generally last for about 6 - 12 months. Best of all, because Restylane® binds to the water in your body, its cosmetic effects are maintained until the injected material is nearly gone.
- One week prior to your next treatment with Restylane®, avoid taking aspirin, other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen, Motrin and Aleve), Vitamin E, fish oil and St. John's Wort. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection sites.
- Facial lines and facial shaping: follow-up treatment is usually needed after 6-12 months.
- Lip enhancement: follow-up treatment is normally needed in about 6 months.
- Skin rejuvenation and deep hydration: after the initial intense treatment of 3 treatment sessions every 2-3 weeks, follow-up sessions are normally recommended around every 6 months.
- Duration depends on many factors, such as skin type, lifestyle, age, the degree of perfection demanded by the patient and the injection technique.
Full Circle Family Medicine
435 East Statesville Ave.
Mooresville, NC 28115-2598
(704) 663-5056 -- Phone
(704) 663-5780 -- FAX